[PD] GOP positioning

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Tue Feb 7 22:45:55 CET 2006

cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com wrote:

>Ay there's the rub ... I only JUST got Hans installer working with GEM and
>all the externals for the first time. I could never get things to work
>correctly before, and I'm deathly afraid of breaking it ... I believe that
>is PD-0.384.
>
>Can I install the new PD over top without losing all my libraries and
>externals and the nice documentation, which while it has gaps, is far
>better than anything that existed before.
>
>I'm on Windows XP, and I really don't wish to break this now that it works
>for the first time in a year and a half...

It usually works OK if you add the path to your existing libraries and
externals to the new pd, if the new pd is not installed but just put
there. e.g. I have pd039_2_test7 from Miller's site in C:\pd_039 while
the installed version is in C:\Program Files\pd. As long as I don't
double-click on a pd patch I can use pd_039 with the libraries from
C:\Program Files\pd\extra.

Martin