[PD] GOP positioning

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Feb 8 00:11:12 CET 2006

Hallo,
dafydd hughes hat gesagt: // dafydd hughes wrote:

> Like IOhannes says, 0.39 is a _way_ big improvement for GOP, but if
> you're on 0.38 (because hc's installer is awesome) you should check
> out Frank Barknecht's "GOP done right":
>
> http://footils.org/cms/show/31

Or Chun Lee's pd-gop at: http://goto10.org/-/pdgop.html for a deeper
explanation.

However if you have you read this and if you tried once how immensely
more useful GOP became in pd-0.39 you'll never want to look back. Add
to that the [list] object which was also new in 0.39 and I can only
recommend to upgrade. And if you intend to use data structures, that's
a third argument for upgrading or at least installing pd-0.39 in
parallel.

At least you should not waste too much time in understanding how GOP
worked in Pd versions < 0.39, it totally changed for the better.

Ciao