[PD] 0.392 Loading Libraries, WIN XP

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 9 11:13:27 CET 2006

hi david

may you know it already, but i tell you nevertheless. there are two way to
tell pd which pathes to use and wich libraries to load and so on. if you set
your pathes using the userinterface (File -> Path or File -> Startup), pd
will save these settings in the registry. the comfort (or the crux) of this
story is, that these entries will stay there if you install another version
of pd, so you can use the same settings in the freshly installed version.
the other - the oldschool - way is to write startup-file. it is a normal
textfile with the ending .bat (on windows). you can call it 'pd.bat' for
example and place it in the pd/bin-folder. these file could look like that:

pd -path c:/pd/extra -path c:/pd/your/abstraction/folder -lib zexy -lib
c:/whole/path/toyour/lib

personally i like more the way with the bat-file, because it provides more
flexibility. you can use more than one file for different settings (no libs,
all libs, all libs+gem etc.).
if you decide to write your own .bat-file, i recommend to delete all
settings in the registry in order to not mix up these two (as miller
mentioned).
a detailed descripton of how to write your own .bat-file will you find in:
pd/doc/1.manual/x3.htm#4 (section 3.6 'command line arguments')
i hope i could help you.

roman