[PD] Snd as a pd external documentation.

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 10 06:10:00 CET 2006

On Feb 9, 2006, at 4:10 PM, David Plans Casal wrote:

> On 9 Feb 2006, at 04:58, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> It would be great if this was set up to use Pd's new generic loader
>> functionality.  Then you could write Pd objects directly in Guile/snd
>> without needing the [snd] object. It looks like you are most of the
>> way there.
>>
>> There is currently a Common Language Runtime (C#, etc) API in the
>> works that is being ported to the new loader also.
>
> Is that really true?
>
> That would be great!

It was announced recently on this list, check the archives.

> What's involved in bringing the current [snd] implementation to use
> the new loader functionality?

I don't know the details of that since I haven't done it myself yet.
Writing the loader itself would not be so hard, the CLR one should be
an example.  It sounds like the hard part is done already, which is
making the Pd API available in snd.