[PD] Audio-Rate GOP possible?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Feb 12 21:48:46 CET 2006

hi joão

you could change [env~] to [env~ 8192], so that it only outputs a number
every 8192 samples, so the vu-meter does not get updated that often.
actually there are three different rates in pd, sampling-rate (audio),
control rate (normally sr/64) and then the gui update rate. with a normal
[env~], the vu-meter is updated every 1.5ms. althoug the refresh rate of the
screen is much lower, it seems, that calculation of updating is done on
every message (at least on windows).

roman