[PD] Mapping library: Where or what is [resample]?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Feb 12 23:26:22 CET 2006

On Feb 12, 2006, at 2:16 PM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:53:42 -0500
> Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

>>> sorry for taking over this thread, but i have a problem in the other
>>> direction ... |join| clashes with my |join| external ...
>>> i hope, there is a way to resolve this ...
>>>

>> With the namespace, its no problem.
>
> oops, i haven't seen the |import mapping| in join-help.pd ...
>
> just kidding ... currently pd doesn't have a namespace, that's so
> powerful, that i can agree with you ...
>
> a namespace, that's worth the name should:
> - allow the use of the same name in different namespaces like
> foo/prepend and bar/prepend

That is possible currently.  You can even have [prepend],
[foo/prepend], [bar/prepend].  The help patches work too, if you use
libdirs (i.e. each prepend will get its own help patch).

> but:
> - forbid the use of ambiguous names, so using prepend without "import
> foo" is not allowed to avoid undefined behaviour...
> (programming languages like c++, python or ada are examples)

Could do that with some work, not too hard.  I plan on doing it for
Pd-0.39.2-extended release.  Of course multi-object/single-file
libraries won't work for this.  But such libraries are deprecated for
the Pd-extended distro.

.hc

____

                             http://at.or.at/hans/