[PD] Re: Segmented Patch Chords? PVar / PV?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 13 20:32:12 CET 2006

Hallo,
Item State hat gesagt: // Item State wrote:

> it's not my intent to start an aesthetic war, just i
> have mental pain with chords going straight across
> from bottom to top, especially since you cannot
> readily see which direction the data flows, so i
> started to use a lot of pvar associations in max.

Okay, I now looked up, what pvar/pv is, in the Max Reference manual.
For storing single float values you can use the [value] object with $0
as in: [value $0-x].

For storing lists you could use a little abstraction as attached. It
will not automatically get new values if you create a new [pvar] like
the original or like value does, but it may still be of use to clean
up patches a bit.

A third aproach is to use a [table] for storing lists of floats. Get
them with tabread, set them with tabwrite or [s tablename].

Ciao