[PD] multiple [HID] error?

Tomato Thaumato thaumato.open at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 04:23:29 CET 2006

Hello list,

I'm trying to run multiple HID objects connecting to different devices
on OSX using Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC8.  In a simple patch like the one
attached, I seem to be only able to use one HID at a time.  That is, I
can initialize and poll only one, but the console does not indicate
that anything is amiss (all devices 'look' open in that respect)..
However, this DOES work just fine if I open the two devices in two
separate instances of Pd.

Is this normal behavior?
If not, how can I fix it?

Thank you so much,
Michael

ps-I don't know if it makes any difference, but I couldn't get this
working on Pd-0.38-0test4HCS4 either.