[PD] strange crash with patch on OSX

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:23:51 CET 2006

hi

Recently i moved to an old ibook, installed the syste same as in the old
computer which was btw a one year old powerbook, the only thing i didnt
install was the apple devel cdrom.

Now i find that an old patch that worked fine in my old machine crashes
pd while gets loaded. I get no error message.

The funny problem seems to happen when i call from the main patch an
abstraction i use to play samples. This one uses xsample and the main
patch uses pyext. But both externals seem to work fine when i use them
in a other patches.

i am really confused by this. I cannot imagine what it is that causes
the crash. This happens with both latest versions of hans Pd installers.

any tips?

thanks

--
enrike