[PD] using sdif library in Pd external

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:34:56 CET 2006

Hello all,

I've been trying to make a linux Pd external that reads .sdif files using
the Ircam SDIF library, but I can't see to get the makefile settings right.
The code compiles, but I get the following error when trying to call the
sdiftest external:

/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/sdiftest.pd_linux: libsdif-3.8.6.so: cannot open

I'm very new to makefiles and I cannot tell why it isn't linking.
libsdif-3.8.6.so is installed in /usr/local/lib and the makefile code is the
following:

pd_linux: sdiftest.pd_linux

.SUFFIXES: .pd_linux

LINUXCFLAGS = -DPD -O2 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer \
    -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror \
    -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch

LINUXINCLUDE =  -I /usr/local/lib/pd/src \
-I /mnt/d/things/audioapp/sdif/SDIF-3.8.6-src/include \
-I /usr/local/lib

.c.pd_linux:
    cc $(LINUXCFLAGS) $(LINUXINCLUDE) -o $*.o -c $*.c
    ld -export_dynamic  -shared -o $*.pd_linux $*.o -lsdif -lc -lm
    strip --strip-unneeded $*.pd_linux
    rm $*.o

This is from the 6.externs/makefile with the -lsdif link that the sdif
tutorial speaks about (
http://recherche.ircam.fr/equipes/analyse-synthese/sdif/extern/tutorial-main.html
).
All I'm really doing in the external is trying to initialize the library,
but I can't get passed the baby steps yet.

If any programmers can help, thankyou
Richie