[PD] pd_gui error

cdr ix at replic.net
Wed Feb 15 22:25:37 CET 2006

> When I try to add comments to my patch, the highlighted comment box appears
> miles to the right of the cursor sometimes off the side of the canvas. You
> often don't know whether they have actually worked, meaning you often find
> odd 'comment' comments scattered around your patch from when you couldn't
> find them previously!

perhaps your scroll position is a bit off, perhaps having selected verything and moved it over, or deleted things from the original 0x0-windowsize area during patching which is causing some kind of offset...

> I usually work round this by copy and pasting an existing comment and
> changing the text.
>
> On a side note: Are there plans for any kind of toolbar for PD so that you
> don't have to access the menu or remember the shortcuts? Perhaps one with
> the basic objects, messages etc, with sub menus where you can add your most
> used objects or something then, like in some coding apps, a kind of
> predictive type system that lets you chose from every available object once
> you start typing in it's name.

DesireData has a toolbar of frequently used objects, as well as name completions..in addition to a class browser, which could offer the object library under a rightclick menu if it doesn't already...cvs branch devel_0_39 , scons desire=1