[PD] [GEM]-pivot change

Carlos Caires ccaires at porto.ucp.pt
Thu Feb 16 00:08:24 CET 2006

OK, thanks.
C.C.

-----Original Message-----
From: pd-list-bounces at iem.at on behalf of Frank Barknecht
Sent: Wed 2/15/2006 7:30 PM
To: pd-list at iem.at
Subject: Re: [PD] [GEM]-pivot change

Hallo,
som e imagem hat gesagt: // som e imagem wrote:

> OK, but the centred point of the rotation is always on the centre of
> the GemWin.  Is there a way to have two pivot points on the same
> Gemwin?

Hm, I'm sorry, but I don't think, I understand what you mean here. Of
course to rotate the cube and the sphere independently, you will need
to put them into their own [gemhead]-chains (or use [separator]). But
you are free to do any combination of rotation and translation you
want. You could translate first, then rotate, then translate again.
However note, that the order of all the translate- and
rotate-operations matters: You will be in a different spot if you walk
first, then turn, compared to turning first, then walking some steps.

Ciao