[PD] Metro unstable osx

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Feb 16 17:54:08 CET 2006

Hi Timon,

timon wrote:
 > Hi, I have this weird problem.
 > Ive been trying various installers over the last years. On all of them
 > the metro is unstable.
<snip>
 > the metro stutters irregularly.

Can't say I've experienced this. A few questions:

1) What do you mean by "stuttering"?
2) Does it happen when only using PD, w/o Reason or Live?
3) Is it a visual stutter (a connected bang GUI-element appears to
trigger irregularly), or does it have an audible reaction (a triggered
note plays irregularly)? I ask because the GUI of the installers is
incredibly slow compared with older versions.

Please verify that the problem happens in PD only, perhaps by using the
metro to switch an oscillator on and off. If it works fine in PD, then
the problem could be the MIDI connection with Reason, or how Reason
handles the incoming data. Also it would help to have your OSX version,
I imagine. Then somebody can narrow down what the cause might be.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 12: