[PD] Distro Doubt

dominic samuraiskillz at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 12:44:09 CET 2006

david golightly wrote:
> Sorry to start a rumor that, as it turns out, is completely false - my
> wording was too confident there - and I'm most likely wrong here, but
> as far as I can tell - and I would love for this not to be the case -
> the most recent release of DeMuDi is 1.2.1, which came out in July
> 2005, about 7 months ago.  There were updates pretty consistently
> until then, but since then, nothing.  It appears work is being done on
> a 1.3.0, but there seems to be precious little of recent developments
> on their website regarding this, and I wasn't able to upgrade to 1.3.0
> using apt or from the website.  So the lack of a recent kernel update
> ultimately sent me looking elsewhere.
>
> It may be too early yet to announce the demise of Demudi.  It's a
> great idea, a great package, and I hope it's still being worked on and
> that new releases come soon and frequently.  Please, if there are any
> Demudi developers on this list, set me straight!
>
> David
>
> On 2/16/06, *Frank Barknecht* < fbar at footils.org
> <mailto:fbar at footils.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hallo,
>     david golightly hat gesagt: // david golightly wrote:
>
>     > However, I can confirm that it looks like DeMuDi (as of
>     > relatively recently) is no longer maintained,
>
>     AFAIK this is not true. What are you sources for saying that?
>
>     Ciao
>     --
>     Frank Barknecht                 _ ______footils.org_ __goto10.org__

I am using demudi 1.3.0 ! its working ok for me.

I am interested in the ubuntu approach that derek mentioned though as I
always get a headache building kernel modules for my ATI card (because
of the custom kernel) so I can use dri. and the Demudi kernel needs
tweaking to get my wireless card working ipw 2200.

I started using pd with the ccrma (FC1) but as derek mentioned it gets
complicated, I switched to demudi and besides a few minor gripes I think
it is quite good. What is Gentoo like? I keep thinking I will have a
play around with installing it on an old machine but everyone tells me
to put a few days aside.

regards

dominic
ptechnic.org