[PD] Ambisonics in PD - some problems

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Feb 17 17:49:12 CET 2006

Hi Leandro,

can't help with the ASIO stuff, but maybe with the others...

lfthomaz at lsi.usp.br wrote:

> 2)Is there a way to store slider and number boxes values when I close the
> patch? I don’t want to use a message box to that… I just want that the
> last values of these components are stored within the patch file

Right click on the properties of a slider and click the "init" button.
Then  the slider will save its value when you save the patch.
Alternately, use a loadbang connected to a message with the value you
want to start with connected to the GUI element. Normal number boxes
don't save their value, but the Number2 GUI element does.

> 3)Is there any PD component that I can use to input values (xyz, for
> example) graphically? Like those surround tools you see in Nuendo, for
> example!

For two-dimensional control (X, Y), check out [grid]. The author removed
the Windows version from his site, but it is included in HC Steiner's
installers:

http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html

You might also want to have a look at the vbap implementation for PD.
Make a [vbap] object and check the help files. This is also included in
HC's installers.

good luck,
d.

--