OSX slow GUI [WAS: Re: [PD] Metro unstable osx]

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Feb 17 18:28:40 CET 2006

On 2/17/06, derek holzer <derek at x-i.net> wrote:
> Hi HC,

> It
> actually can slow down or jam up my entire OSX desktop as well, which is
> an even bigger bummer. Sometimes this effect lasts even after quitting
> PD, requiring a restart.

This is most likely due to the elevated pthread priority hack Pd uses
on OSX.  Setting the -nrt flag should bypass that, but it should
probably be removed altogether.

The effect lasting after Pd sounds like the Pd process is not killed
after the Wish GUI quits.  There is nothing Pd can do while it's not
running to affect the OS.

cgc