[PD] Ambisonics in PD - some problems

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 17 22:38:25 CET 2006

On Feb 17, 2006, at 11:49 AM, derek holzer wrote:

> Hi Leandro,
>
> can't help with the ASIO stuff, but maybe with the others...
>
> lfthomaz at lsi.usp.br wrote:
>
>> 2)Is there a way to store slider and number boxes values when I close
>> the
>> patch? I don’t want to use a message box to that… I just want that the
>> last values of these components are stored within the patch file
>
> Right click on the properties of a slider and click the "init" button.
> Then  the slider will save its value when you save the patch.
> Alternately, use a loadbang connected to a message with the value you
> want to start with connected to the GUI element. Normal number boxes
> don't save their value, but the Number2 GUI element does.
>
>> 3)Is there any PD component that I can use to input values (xyz, for
>> example) graphically? Like those surround tools you see in Nuendo, for
>> example!
>
> For two-dimensional control (X, Y), check out [grid]. The author
> removed the Windows version from his site, but it is included in HC
> Steiner's installers:
>
> http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html
>
> You might also want to have a look at the vbap implementation for PD.
> Make a [vbap] object and check the help files. This is also included
> in HC's installers.

Unfortunately, [vbap] has a crasher bug on Mac OS X, so its not usable.
  I started debugging it, but its not fixed yet.  Any help would be
appreciated since its a nice, easy object to use.

There is also an ambisonic implementation in Pd from IEM.  I haven't
used it tho.  it would be awesome to have integrated into Pd-extended.

____

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!