[PD] Ambisonics in PD - some problems

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Feb 18 01:47:49 CET 2006

On Feb 17, 2006, at 5:56 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> lfthomaz at lsi.usp.br hat gesagt: // lfthomaz at lsi.usp.br wrote:
>
>> 3)Is there any PD component that I can use to input values (xyz, for
>> example) graphically? Like those surround tools you see in Nuendo, for
>> example!
>
> You can build stuff like this easily (well, after some learning) with
> data structures. Attached is a simple xy-controller, that I posted
> here some weeks ago already. This can be extended in various ways. I
> prefer [struct]-based solutions over [grid] because for one, they also
> work with graph-on-parent, and then because they are much easier to
> customize than prefabricated externals. An alternative approach would
> be to use the tot/toxy/widget externals family, but I never used them
> really. And then of course there is GEM.

Wow, you are the Pd-m45t0r!  That is a great object, you have taken
data structures and run so far with them, farther then I ever imagined.

I really hope that you are saving all of these objects that you submit
to the list so that they can become part of Pd-extended.

____

"Information wants to be free."
                                      -Stewart Brand