[PD] Gemmouse inlet?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Feb 23 22:52:36 CET 2006

Hi Carlos,

If I get what your doing you want to be able to use the gemhouse to drag
around multiple squares on the screen right? I have done this, if you
REALLY want it I can try and find the patch..

basically each square is in its own abstraction, and the abstraction
knows how bit the square is in gem units. [square 1] is 1 unit from the
center to the edges, so its actually 2 units wide. Then you convert the
gemmouse coords into gem coords (depends on the aspect ratio of the
window), then pack the scaled version and send it to all the
abstractions. inside each square you have moses or >= objects to check
if the mouse is indeed in the square, then that controls a spigot so
when the mouse is over the square the square will move with the mouse.
Oh of course you should use that value and the mouse-press together with
[&&] otherwise you'll collect all the squares as you pass over them...

Its simpler than it sounds...

.b.