[PD] Re: Extended installers feedback: win/osx/linux

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Feb 27 05:07:19 CET 2006

Hi HC,

glad the feedback is useful. The more this stuff gets tested, the better
it will get.

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> A couple of Yves' GUI objects are not currently ported to Windows.
> Carmen Rocco ported them, but the changes got overwritten in CVS.  They
> are still there if anyone wants to dig them up and submit them to Yves.

Submitting Windows ports to Yves is a bit like sending them to the Black
Hole of Calcutta ;-)
Better just check them into CVS in your own, whoever it is out there
that has such "evil" code.

>> * Can anybody suggest an x86 Linux liveCD with a full PD installation
>> that actually works? By this I mean fast OpenGL/3D/Accelerated
>> Graphics drivers, Jack, ALSA-MIDI and externals without broken
>> dependencies (all problems I've encountered with live CDs + PD
>> before). I'm guessing the Apodio one might be the ticket, but I'm
>> still open to suggestions. Isn't Apodio only in French?
>
> I think pure:dyne aims to be this LiveCD:
>
> https://puredyne.goto10.org/

Vaporware. Anybody know anything that's now and wow?

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl