[PD] big [hid] changes...

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Thu Mar 2 19:21:11 CET 2006

Hi HC,

I'm very interested in the [hid] object's future development. As it
basically allows virtually any computer peripheral to become an
interface for musical expression (I enjoy practicing graphtablet music
myself, as u know (-:).

Nervertheless, being no coder myself, I don't understand everything you
say about the changes that are going to occur.

What I understand is:

- A Linux-style input API sort of includes USB/HID input.

- USB/HID is a more specific kind of input system.

- You'd like to code a USB/HID specific input for Pd

Correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, backwards compatibility is not a real issue. I
can re-patch the stuff... I like it (-:

++

Jé