[PD] opening pd from command line in os x

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 5 05:51:00 CET 2006

On Mar 3, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Max Neupert wrote:

> Am 03.03.2006 um 16:40 schrieb Patrick Pagano:
>
>> what seems like is happening is that when you run the .app TCL/tk
>> is included, but if you run simply pd you will need TCL/TK
>
> i see. thanks.
>

>> i recommend TCL/TK 8.49 Batteries Included
>
> on puredata.org 8.4.9 is recommended

> 8.4.10 will not work?

Pd-0.38.4-extended and any of Miller's Pd.apps need TclTk < 8.4.10

Pd-0.39.2-extended-* need TclTk == 8.4.10

But the older ones might work with 8.4.10 because of the symlinks it
installs.

____

"I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have
three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their
minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits."
                                             - Martin Luther King, Jr.