[PD] Couldn't Create sndfiler thread: 1?

Spencer Russell slothlove at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 06:20:18 CET 2006

Hey there,
I'm working with some patches with lots of samples, and as the RAM on
my machine is pretty limited, it would be nice to be able to load and
unload samples without the horrific dropouts I've been getting. I'm
having some trouble getting any sort of threaded soundfiler to work,
however. pd 0.39-devel doesn't want to compile on my machine, so I'm
trying with CVS main(0.40). I got threadlib and sndfiler to compile
and install just fine, but when I try to create a [sndfiler] object, I
get "Couldn't create sndfiler thread:1" in the pd messages. Any ideas
on how to fix this?

Thanks,
spencer