[PD] GUI-Edit Abstraction

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 5 19:26:09 CET 2006

> I've been playing with it a bit more.  It is really quite complicated.
> I was thinking it would be really useful to have some of that available
> as standalone objects.
>
> [rgb->pd] for example.  It would be really handy to have an object that
> converts RGB into Pd's odd format for colors.

yeah, that can be isolated. I just copied it from the help patches of the
GUIs. This small patch (which does nothing) can also be helpful to someone
who wants a quick reference to the simple colors of pd.

>> Very nice work!   This patch has made me think that we should start
>> replacing the panels in Pd with Pd patches.  This patch could easily be
>> made into the Properties panel on the GUI objects.  I think it would
>> work much better than the existing ones.
>>
>> As for comments on the patch, I'd like it to much a smaller and tighter
>> together.  It takes up a large chunk of my screen, which is 1280X860.

ok, It can be easily reduced. funny, the last time someone comented that
the sliders were too thin. my screen is 1400x1050, so I never thought
about that - it's also faster to use it when it's bigger.

It would be good to test-drive it intensively. I think it should work
fine, but one never knows.

What I couldn't do is prevent it from sending empty or illegal symbols,
like "123". Or didn't work enough in it yet. When it was only for one GUI
(canvas) I had a part where it would be possible to import parameters from
a text file, but then I took it out, it would be too much trouble to make
it compatible with all GUIs (or would delay it a couple of months, if I
worked on the same rate).