[PD] playback pix_film Gem stutters

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Mar 6 06:05:22 CET 2006

On Mar 5, 2006, at 11:00 PM, sara kolster wrote:

> I've tried several things in Gem:
>
> - Downgrading Quicktime
> - [client_storage 1]
>
> Those things don't make the situation better. Which means, the
> playback works smoothly, but when making a loop it still gives me a
> freezing last frame.

...since you've tried these things and they don't help, I'm inclined
to believe there's something special about this clip:  is it an
edited clip from a longer sequence?  I ask this because it could be
that the last frame is somehow doubled/repeated, but there may be a
loop point which quicktime player sees and obeys, but gem simply
ignores...

> When I try to work with pdp_qt, I get a weird 'off color' problem.
> It looks like there is a second layer on top of the normal sample
> is 2 cm. off center of the image. The qt file is using pdp_qt:
> using colormodel YUV420P , but I was wondering if I could send
> another message to pdp-qt (like colorspace RGB) to see if I can get
> the colors right.

...my experience with pdp_qt has been spotty on osx, mainly being a
matter of finding a codec that actually gets recognized
correctly...it's been awhile since I really played with it, but I
seem to remember either cinepak or sorenson consistently doing pretty
well...?

james