[PD] FM feedback synthesis issue

mami music mami.music at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 18:33:23 CET 2006

Hi.
im simulating  single carrier FM feedback. Im modulating the pitch of an
osc~ with it´s own output:
*Im multiplying the output of the osc~ with a fader that goes from 0 to
1000.
*Thar result im adding with a fixed frequency.
*and then back to the main freq of the osc~ object

this is very simple, according to theory i should get an increase in the
partials (which im getting), but im also getting a pitch shift in the main
freq of the oscilator as i expand the amplitude of the feedback!!!
I can´t see why this is happenig, i think it is not supposed to happen. Can
ayone explain to me why this is happening and how can i avoid it?

thankz

daniel gomez