[PD] Couldn't Create sndfiler thread: 1?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Mar 7 02:06:21 CET 2006

Hi Patrick,

patrick wrote:
> can we you share the pd patch that talks to sooperlooper via osc?

It's pretty customized to the HID devices I use with it (4 footswitches
jacked into a USB joystick circuit board and a Contour Shuttle), and the
Shuttle part of the controllers isn't done yet. It's based on
SooperLooper running on Localhost with 4 loops in place. Maybe the rest
will make sense, but I have a feeling it won't be plug-n-play on anybody
else's machine.

I noticed that HID now crashes my PD on OSX quite regularly, so I have
renamed all the [hid] objects [nohid] so that you can at least open it
before [hid] has the possibility to crash. The patch was designed and
used exclusively under Linux, BTW.

There's no docs here, just a work in progress, but I can try to answer
questions. Probably the most interesting part is in the OSC control and
routing stuff at the bottom, espc the copious use of [makefilename] and
some other tricks to construct the OSC messages and change the
information displayed by the canvases.

Have fun!

d.

--