[PD] stability of Gem for video playing

cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com
Tue Mar 7 20:31:05 CET 2006

Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that GEM just is too unstable
to use on PC. A patch that was working fine for a week and a half, now
crashes every time... Probably it's the video that is causing the problem,
I loaded in a different file. But the new file worked, at first. Now the
entire patch crashes every time, when I open the rendering window, with a
memory allocation error.

But, after running it for a few minutes, it would often crash anyway.

I'm going to build the same patch In Jitter, and compare.

~David