[PD] stability of Gem for video playing

David Powers cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com
Tue Mar 7 23:29:43 CET 2006

Yes, just to be clear, I think on MacOSX and Linux performance may be
much more stable. From what I know the PC version has some problems,
particularly with video playing.

I went back to my own patch, and got it running again. I determined
that, basically, I can't safely play AVI files with pix_film (on
Windoze). When I load a Quicktime, it seems to work okay, however.

But, again, the patch as a whole does not have the kind of stability I
would need for an installation - there is still the possibility of
crashing after an hour or two. It looks great though, when it's running!

~David