[PD] lopping patch

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 09:26:56 CET 2006

hi all

i have been developing this patch and i thought someone else could find
it useful. The original idea came for a sound installation with a friend
few years ago.

It can be downloaded from this link (svn server)
http://devel.goto10.org/dl.php?repname=ixi&path=%2Fpd%2Fautoloop%2F&rev=0&isdir=1

It is a system that takes a sound input, i use either a snd file or adc,
and samples it according to set of timers putting the sound into buffers
and looping them.
So the timers could be like this: 2-5-1 (in secs) and we could use, say
4 layers (buffers). Then it would sample 2 secs into buffer 1 then 5
into buffer 2 then 1 into buffer 3 then 2 into buffer 4, then 5 into
buffer 1 again and so on... it keeps cycling unless you stop it. The
result is several layers of sound looping independently.

Not very good description i know, but maybe you want to use it and see
it with your own eyes, then you might one to send me a better description :)

I use it for concerts and installations. Let me know if it is helpful or
if someone adds something. It is distributed with GPL license.

It used both py and xsample externals from Thomas.

have fun

--
enrike