[PD] Gerard van Dongen/Gilcher 1967-2006

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 8 10:52:16 CET 2006

I only met Gerard during last year's Linux Audio conference. I
approached him after his first performance with my
german-accent-ridden English and we had a first long conversation in
English.

Later that evening I met him again at the bar where this tall man was
talking to someone I don't remember - and he spoke in perfect German!

He was just too kind and too friendly to tell me immediatly that he
knew German much better than I know English and that we could just as
well switch languages to the one, his wife grew up with.

The next evening he rocked the house with his feedback joystick.

His passing is a huge loss.