[PD] neural networks & PD

Davide Morelli info at davidemorelli.it
Wed Mar 8 18:48:52 CET 2006

hi Julian,

you may want to have a look at the ann library:
* ann_som: Self Organizing Maps
* ann_mlp: multi layered perceptrons (feed forward)
* ann_td: time delay nn (currently a bit bugged)

you can find the source code in the CVS: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/externals/ann/
see this page for a quick cvs howto: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=55736

ann_mlp and ann_td use the fann library, so you'll need it on your system to compile ann.
see: http://leenissen.dk/fann/
there you can find info on training algorithms etc..

ann works on win, osx and linux.

...in the spare time I'm trying to extend ann, I'd like to include RNN or even something to let the user define the topology without limitations...

if you have questions let me know.

ciao and welcome in the pd community!
davide.