[PD] stability of Gem for video playing

cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com
Wed Mar 8 19:42:55 CET 2006

I'm sorry, but - some of you Linux people really don't understand the
beginner viewpoint. Linux is not that easy, and some people like me JUST
DON'T UNDERSTAND IT! I've tried, 15 minutes to install, no way; more like,
5, or 15 hours, than give up in frustration. And googling, when you don't
know exactly what your looking for, sometimes just causes more
problem/frustration.

The $200, is to pay someone who knows what they are doing, to install it,
and teach me so I understand what's going on.

Also, my audio card doesn't support Linux, so I'd have to buy a new audio.
Which means even if I figure it out myself, Linux is not a "FREE" option
for me (built in soundcard just won't cut it for the kinds of stuff I do).

But, I still want a Mac, because there some nice stuff for it that is
Mac-only software.

~David