[PD] stability of Gem for video playing

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Mar 8 20:38:11 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 13:53 -0500, B. Bogart wrote:
> My installation "Oracle" had an uptime of 200 days at one point, the
> machine does not reboot or anything, so Its actually running that
> process
> for 200 days. PD/Gem-0.87 on linux.

i've made some similar experience ... 24 machines playing video files
and displaying images for about 6 monthes ...
but i had some problems finding the right video codec, that was fast
enough and didn't suffer from memory leaks ...

tim

--
TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

A paranoid is a man who knows a little of what's going on.
  William S. Burroughs