[PD] Re: py/pyext

Tina Shah surreal8 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 9 08:31:34 CET 2006

Hello, I'm having some problem loading py into pd.  I'm going to try and
describe step by step to see if anyone can help me.  I've looked on the
lists too, and tried so many different things but I keep getting the "py:
can't load libarary" message.
So I downloaded the binary for Windows.  Inside the folders
"pd-msvc/release-multi" there is the py.dll file.  I copied this file to the
pd/extra folder.  Then, under File > Startup, I just put "py" after the GEM
line.  Once I started pd, I get this message "This application has failed to
start because python24.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the application may
fix this problem." Once I click "OK", I get these errors in the pd window:
tried C:\\Program Files\\pd\\bin\\py.dll and failed
tried ..\\py\\scripts\\buffer.py\\py.dll and failed
tried C:\\Program Files\\pd\\extra\\py.dll and succeeded
C:\\Program Files\\pd\\extra\\py.dll: couldn't load
py: can't load library

What is going on?  I even tried copying the python24.dll file to the extra
folder or including the path to it in the startup, but nothing works...
Please help!

Thanks

-T