[PD] Gem coordinates / OpenGL

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 9 09:38:58 CET 2006

Hallo,
David Powers hat gesagt: // David Powers wrote:

> I can make lines with [polygon 2] - easy enough. But, there is one thing
> I still don't get - what are GEM coordinates supposed to represent?

Whatever you want them to represent. The lengths in Gem don't have a
unit.

> The length of "1" or "4" in GEM seems arbitrary.

In a way it is. However Gem defaults for objects to be of size 1 a
lot: Cubes have length 1, spheres have radius 1 etc. To be able to see
them fully, it's best to step back a bit, that's why the viewport in
Gem is the way it is. You can of course change it with the "view"
message.

Ciao