[PD] stability of Gem for video playing

Thomas Ouellet Fredericks iamonthebeach at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:32:01 CET 2006

Answer to question 1: send a "colorspace RGBA" message to pix_film before

In my experience only Final Cut can render properly the alpha channel and
there is a trick to it:

-exporte with "FCP movie" (not Quicktime)
-go to custom settings
in QT video settings select  ANIMATION
-next, still in QT video settings you go to ADVANCED and select
MILLIONS COLOR +
- next, export with RECOMPRESS ALL FRAMES activated or it will not work

Tom