[PD] Re: py/pyext

david golightly davigoli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 23:35:15 CET 2006

 Hi Tina,

Usually an installation of Python will add its directory to the environment
variable %PYTHONPATH%.  Open a command window:

<WinKey>+R

cmd /k <enter>

>set | find "PATH"

you should see a listing for PYTHONPATH there.  Make sure this points to
your actual installed location for Python (usually c:\python24).  If not,
try:

>set pythonpath=%PYTHONPATH%;c:\actual_python_location\

Then reboot.  Windows can't do anything without a reboot.

py.dll is the dll for the Thomas Grill's external and you need to have its
full exact path specified in Pd's Path... options.  It fails to load if it
can't find Python24.dll, but pointing Pd directly to Python24 doesn't
help...

Hope that helps you!

David

this lists your environment variables.  Do you see a line