[PD] Green splitted pictures

nicolas.sauret at laposte.net nicolas.sauret at laposte.net
Fri Mar 10 07:29:46 CET 2006

Sorry I made a mistake on my XF86config file since, FC4 use
X.org's system...
So here is my xorg.conf file with nvidia driver :
[...]
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Dell P1130"
        DisplaySize  400        300
        HorizSync    30.0 - 130.0
        VertRefresh  48.0 - 170.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nv"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     16
                Modes    "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1280x1024" "1152x864" "1152x768"
"1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Group        0
        Mode         0666
EndSection

Seems pretty ok to me. I still can't explain my green splitted
screen.

> > ola,
>
> ola,
>
> > seems a problem with the xvideo output,
> > can you try to play it with a pdp_glx ?
>
> same result except it plays slower. glx use opengl i guess.
> That's basically what I want escape since I'm doing really
> simple processing on big files for this project.
>

> > then, please, indicate also your graphic driver
> > and system..
>
> Here i'm limited with my linux knowledge... I'm under Fedora
> Core4. Brand new installed and updated according to the
> administrator. I've checked the XF86Config and it seems I use
> only generic driver. The card is a NVidia GeForce 6600 GT.
> here is an extract of the XF86Config.eg that is in this path
> /usr/X11R6/lib/Server
> Do you think that installing a specific driver would work
better ?

> I'm not sure that the info you need to help me. Let me know
> what command shell I should type to get the info.
>

> #

> # Graphics device section
> #

> # Any number of graphics device sections may be present
>
> Section "Device"
>
> # The Identifier must be present.
>
> Identifier "Generic VGA"
> Driver "vga"
> # Chipset "generic"
> # VideoRam 256
> # Clocks 25.2 28.3
>

> thks a lot.
> nicolaos.
>

> > >I can play my QT file with lqtplay. The result is not quite
> > >smooth and some frames are dropped. Since Pdp or pidip
use the
> > >same libquicktime, i'm wondering why I get such result (green
> > >picture, split)when I play it.
> > >Here is the output of lqtplay :
> > >
> > >$ lqtplay AE_BackRight.mov
> > >INFO: playing AE_BackRight.mov
> > >  video: 1 track(s)
> > >    track #1
> > >      width : 1024
> > >      height: 576
> > >      depth : 24 bit
> > >      rate  : 25.00 fps
> > >      codec : jpeg
> > >  audio: 1 track(s)
> > >    track #1
> > >      rate  : 48000 Hz
> > >      bits  : 16
> > >      chans : 1
> > >      codec : twos
> > >Timescale: 25
> > >INFO: Xvideo port 61: 0x32595559 (YUY2) packed [BC_YUV422]
> > >INFO: Xvideo port 61: 0x32315659 (YV12) planar [BC_YUV420P]
> > >INFO: Xvideo port 61: 0x59565955 (UYVY) packed
> > >INFO: Xvideo port 61: 0x30323449 (I420) planar [BC_YUV420P]
> > >INFO: Xvideo port 61: 0x3 () packed
> > >Stream colormodel YUV 4:2:2 planar (jpeg), using YUV 4:2:2
> > >packed (YUY2)
> > >INFO: using BC_YUV422 + Xvideo extention
> > >INFO: window size is 1024x576
> > >

> > >Any idea how to make this file work into PD/pdp/pidip ?
> > >Any idea what codec will make PD/... play it smoothly ? I may
> > >then convert the file with lqt_transcode.
> > >
> > >thanks a lot,
> > >nicolaos.

fulltime

pdp/pidip