[PD] oggread~ won't read my ogg file?

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Fri Mar 10 15:32:15 CET 2006

On 1 Mar 2006, at 08:56, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> Hallo!
>
>> i think you can find binaries here:
>> http://grh.mur.at/software/sndfiler.html
>
> yes that's true, but these are the old binaries ...
> If you want read ogg you can find the source in /pd-cvs/externals/
> tb/sndfiler and have to compile it yoursef !

Hey Georg,

Just got [sndfiler] working on 0.39 and thought I'd try loading
an .ogg into the help patch, but I get:

sndfiler: loading file ...
error: Error opening file
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.

gdb gives me no info at all as to why this is happening. I'm using
the static binary, and I've installed threadlib in pd's path. Here's
what it says when loading it:

threadlib vers.0.1, library for threaded patching and externals
2005, by Georg Holzmann <grh at mur.at>
heavily based on pd_devel code by Tim Blechmann
WARNING: this is very experimental and may crash your patches !

Global sndfiler thread launched, priority: 15

Any idea what that error might be?

David Plans Casal
Researcher, UEA Studios
d.casal at uea dot ac dot uk