[PD] oggread~ won't read my ogg file?

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Fri Mar 10 16:25:02 CET 2006

Georg and list,

I realise now that the errors below probably happened because I was
using old sndfiler binaries against dev0.39.

So I'm trying to compile from cvs/externals/tb/sndfiler. However, I
have trouble with Makefile.pd_main, in that I've given all the
correct paths, but I still get:

waldorf:~/dev/pure-data/externals/tb/sndfiler/src dc$ make pd_darwin
cc -DPD -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused -Wno-
parentheses -Wno-switch -I../../../../pd/src -o sndfiler.o -c sndfiler.c
In file included from sndfiler.c:23:
sndfiler.h:37:20: error: m_fifo.h: No such file or directory
sndfiler.h:46:26: error: vorbis/codec.h: No such file or directory
sndfiler.h:47:31: error: vorbis/vorbisfile.h: No such file or directory

I have vorbis and ogg .h files in /sw/include, but I can't see
anywhere to set those paths in the sndfiler Makefile.pd_main...

Needless to say, pointing at those files with complete paths from the
sndfiler.h file didn't work ;-)

Only thing I can think of is that I'm giving sndfiler compilation the
path to a binary threadlib pd_darwin lib, but the source path to cvs:

# path to threadlib.h
THREADLIB_SRC = /Users/dc/dev/pure-data/externals/grh/threadlib/src

Could that be the problem?

Any ideas?

David Plans Casal
Researcher, UEA Studios