[Pd] Symbols set by floats

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 03:07:23 CET 2006

I am using general midi as a temporary tool.
Each voice in my sequencer has a numberbox for selecting the instrument.  I
want to establish a list so that the label next to it will change to the
name of the instrument associated with that number.

Is it possible to have a symbol in an element of an array?  PD is giving me
an error:
error: pd-gminst.instrument: not a number
error: set: no method for 'symbol'

Is there another simple way to do this?

-Chuckk

--
"It is not when truth is dirty, but when it is shallow, that the lover of
knowledge is reluctant to step into its waters."