Re: sndfiler darwin compilation WAS Re: [PD] oggread~ won't read my ogg file?

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Sat Mar 11 14:33:18 CET 2006

Hallo David!

>> I've now switched from gcc 4.0 to 3.3 using gcc_select, but output
>> remains the same...
yes - should not matter, I compiled it with gcc4 ...

> Compiling sndfiler against dev_0_39 instead of MAIN, I get:
well, you can do both - compile against devel or main - as said before, for
devel use Makefile, for main use Makefile.pd_main ...

>> gcc: unrecognized option `-pthread'
sorry, I have no experience in compiling on osx ...
you will have to adapt the Makefile.pd_main, because I never compiled the
new version on osx ...

I don't know why gcc does not know -pthread - maybe you have to install
pthread on your system ?
(maybe an osx experienced developer can help us here?)

>>> I don't -have- to do ogg, could do mp3 instead...would that be
>>> possible?
sndfiler does not support mp3 - only ogg and all formats supported by
libsndfile ...

LG
Georg