sndfiler darwin compilation WAS Re: [PD] oggread~ won't read my ogg file?

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Sat Mar 11 16:30:38 CET 2006

On 11 Mar 2006, at 14:26, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> David Plans Casal wrote:
>> In the hopes that someone will get to this thread eventually,
>> On 11 Mar 2006, at 09:32, David Plans Casal wrote:
>>> I've now switched from gcc 4.0 to 3.3 using gcc_select, but
>>> output  remains the same...
>> Compiling sndfiler against dev_0_39 instead of MAIN, I get:
>> gcc -DUNIX -fPIC -pthread -DPD -DUSE_PD_MAIN -O3 -funroll-loops -
>> Wall  -W -Wshadow -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -Wno-unused -fomit-
>> frame- pointer -I. -I/Users/dc/cvs-puredata/devel_0_39/src -I/sw/
>> include/ -I/ Users/dc/dev/pure-data/externals/grh/threadlib/src -o
>> sndfiler.o -c  sndfiler.c
>> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.0: unrecognized option `-pthread'
>> sndfiler.c:36: error: redefinition of ‘struct _garray’

> well, i think it is a typo and should read "-lpthread" instead of "-
> pthread" - and of course you will need to have pthreads installed.

That -is- true, it turns out, however, that in OSX, you don't need to
specify -lpthreads to get pthreads support, since it's 'already in
OSX', looks like, as explained here:

http://developer.apple.com/macosx/multithreadedprogramming.html

However, adding 'l' gives:

powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.0: -lpthread: linker input file unused
because linking not done

And finally, I still have the last problem (which I think is the
showstopper):

/usr/bin/ld: /Users/dc/dev/pure-data/externals/grh/threadlib/src/
threadlib.pd_darwin is input for the dynamic link editor, is not
relocatable by the static link editor again
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sndfiler.pd_darwin] Error 1

What could that be about?

David Plans Casal