[PD] argument troubles..

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Mar 11 22:08:32 CET 2006

Karl Nilsson wrote:
> Hi,

> ...I don't get it. I am using pd (39.2) on windows

that is not strange at all. that is how pd $-expansion works.

[list hey you(
will have a "selector" or "list-id" called "list" which you cannot
expand using $args.the first item in the list is "hey" ($1) and the 2nd
is "you" ($2).
the same is true is you have a message [bi ba bo(, $1=="ba", $2=="bo"
and "bi" is the message-selector which not $-expandable.

this has been discussed to death, so i propose to read the
list-archives; additionally you might find some helpful hints in the
pd-documentation and at http://puredata.info/dev/PdDefinitions

mfg.ad.r
IOhannes