[PD] linux bug - PD doesn't load properly on repeated starts

cdr ix at replic.net
Sun Mar 12 00:21:28 CET 2006

On Sun Mar 12, 2006 at 12:03:49AM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> david golightly hat gesagt: // david golightly wrote:
>
> > and the Pd window will open, but the Windows and Media menus are not
> > populated, & I can't open any files.  pstree reveals 2 running pd & pd-gui
> > processes.  sudo killall pd; sudo killall pd-gui isn't effective in killing
> > them.
> >
> > What's going on here?  Why is pd not quitting completely?  Additionally,
> > sometimes pd will cause the jack server to stop unexpectedly.

i used to get this on windows due to improperly closed MIDI ports. i think it was also better to manually choose 'quit' from the menu instead of just close the window. if you are using OSS MIDI,  have you tried ALSA MIDI (and vice versa)". as for the jack crashes, i got that a lot too when trying to use pd, have you tried the cb_Scheduler with JACk in devel?

unfortunnately, ,tyheres something about stuck driver ports, and remote filesystems, that makes processes immune to killall -9 (or the windows equivalent). pretty annoying..