[PD] 64bits dilemma (MiXed)

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 13 10:44:15 CET 2006

sorry Iohannes, I wanted to send this mail to the list instead:

> --- IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> a écrit :
>
> > either put it in line40 (OPT_CFLAGS), which is not very clean, since it
> > is not really about "optimization"
> > or put it in line118 (CFLAGS), which is not very clean either, since it
> > interferes with non-linux CFLAGS.

  I've tried every places in CFLAGS and OPT_CFLAGS (like I usually do with that kind of problem)
with no success.
  Also there aren't LD_FLAGS...

> > mfg.asd
> > IOhannes
> >
> <<just hack it into the CFLAGS somewhere ('CFLAGS=-fPIC make' might even
> <<work). it wont solve all 64bit issues, but should at least give you
> <<that false sense of security that a successfully-compiled C program gives
> <<you..
  Something might have changed since last time I've tried to compile the MiXed externals,
 it has always worked before, with my 64bits computer.

Thanks for attention,

 Patco.