[PD] 64bits dilemma (pidip)

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 13 10:48:48 CET 2006

Hi,

 gcc -o ../bin/pddplink.pd_linux -fPIC -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses
-Wno-switch  -O6 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing  -DUNIX  -I . -I
../../../pd/src -I ../shared  -export_dynamic -shared  pddplink.o ../shared/common/loud.o
../shared/common/os.o
/usr/bin/ld: pddplink.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when
making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

 After fixing all dependencies, with pidip, here comes again the famous missing "-fPIC flag",
I've also tried to place it everywhere in the makefile.

Patco.