[PD] pd + javascript? using net data for controlling one patch

clemos cl3mos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 11:35:50 CET 2006

hi ruben

I don't have the exact links right now,
but here are the possibilities I guess you should dig :

- there are two browser plugins which allow to run pd patches "inside"
IE or Firefox, and to control them through javascript, etc... the
links are somewhere in the archvies but I don't have time to find them
right now...

- another solution to use js and pd is to use something like
"processing" (http://proce55ing.org), which can handle OSC and be
embedded in an HTML page. I guess you can use such a proce55ing applet
as a "gateway" between js and pd...

- the thing I've been using the most is the "flashserver" pd object,
which allows flash and pd to communicate very easily through xml
sockets... of course you have to be able to do .swf to use this, which
is now possible with open source tools : http://www.osflash.org

then, as frank said, to be more precise, maybe you should tell what
exactly you want to do with all this...

+++++
clemos