[Pd] Feature request: simultaneous connections

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 14 19:17:41 CET 2006

> ... and then people will complain that their patches do strange things
> because they created fanning-connections with undefined execution
> order instead of properly using the trigger-object.
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to encourage outlet-fanning with a
> keyboard shortcut.

you don't need trigger for all occasions. sometimes it doesn't matter in
which order the messages are sent, only that they arrive - like in come
cases where building a spider web is necessary because of lots of
inputs/outputs to connect (for one example look at the hide-show subpatch
on my gui-edit abstraction). I don't do anything without trigger, when
it's necessary.

But it's also not that bad to let people make mistakes. Then they'll learn
quite faster.